Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ree Drummond and a 5-Minute DIY Project

The title of this post is rather un-dramatic, but that's okay. I want to get down to business in this post. 

I. met. Ree. Drummond. On Monday, November 4th, two thousand and thirteen! Here's how it happened...

My first book signing was on a frigid November night. The line of culinary enthusiasts stretched and coiled down the parking garage lot. When I arrived, a Sam's Club staff member (and gentleman) almost burst my bubble. "I just want to let you know that this is the cut-off, and you may not make it to the front of the line. There are people who were waiting since 6 am to get their books signed.".I nodded and turned my head away so I could blink back tears. Hard-headed as I am, I stayed in line. About 5 other people joined the line after me, and I couldn't help but feel relieved. Earlier that day I'd spoken with an associate on the phone. "Ree said she'll stay until the last book is signed, but Sam's closes at 8:30." Having entered the line at 6:30, I worried I wouldn't make it. But, angels do exist. And I am convinced Ree Drummond is one of them. This sweet, kindhearted woman signed books until well after 8:30. We left at around 9:40, signed book in hand, almost glowing ethereally. Even during the signing, Ree raised kindness to an art. She made small talk with us, welcomed us into a picture, and then signed my book with large, flourishing script. Definitely one of the highlights of this November. 

Ree! Ree! Ree! And me! And Kathy!

*Sigh*

5-Minute DIY project-Potholder Hooks

This is so easy breezy. Tonight I got the inkling to put in two u-shaped hooks to hang my potholders from. In my small kitchen, which unashaedly boasts 10 cabinets (2 of which are my pantry) and three drawers, one drawer is dedicated to kitchen towels. My potholders, although small, are taking up unnecessary space, and, I've been wanting easier access to them. I pulled out my hammer, a tiny nail, and two u-shaped hooks and went to work. Check it out:
 Place the nail where you want the hook. Tap it into the wall, one or two taps. Pull it out. Place the pointy end of your hook into the hole, and screw it in. This way you don't have to drill a hole. Hang up your potholder(s)!!!! THAT IS IT!!! SUPER DUPER EASY! I know you probably could have figured that one out for yourself, but I'm in love with sharing, so! :-) Muahs darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment