Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Salmon in Mushroom-Cream Sauce


Sometimes lunch needs to be substantial. More than a sandwich, more than a salad, more than meat roll-ups with cheese. Since I cut my dinner prep time tonight by setting my slowcooker this morning for my pork carnitas, I'm taking the time to doctor up tomorrow's lunch. On to the recipe!!







Salmon in Mushroom-Cream Sauce
Serves 2-4

4 salmon filets, one lb total weight
1 cup heavy cream
1 6.5 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 tspn dried parsley
1/2 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
1/2 Tbsp dried tarragon leaves
salt and pepper to taste

~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
~ Pat salmon dry and place in an 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Liberally season with salt and pepper.
~ In a small bowl, mix cream, oil, tarragon, parsley, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. 
~ Top salmon with mushrooms. 
~ Pour cream mixture over salmon. Gently lift filets with fork so that cream covers bottom of dish. 
~ Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Serve with salad and/or rice or crusty bread, or with steamed veggies (my choice for tomorrow)! 

Bon Apetit! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment