Friday, July 4, 2014

Fourth of July Menu


Happy Independence Day America! 

I am giddy with excitement. Today we plan on spending some time outdoors at Lynn Creek Park to celebrate. We bought boogie boards from Five Below the other day and have plans to rock those out as well as do some yoga in the sand. After that it's grilling time. We'll probably only be out a few hours, but we'll make the most of it!

Fourth of July food should be simple yet scrumptious...simply scrumptious! I realize that's pretty much an oxymoron, because anytime you're on a specialty diet or eating plan, things might not be so simple. I called the roomie today and blabbered on about how I wasn't making a ton of food for the fourth but after reciting the list, it turns out I am making a lot more than I thought! Here's the menu:

Gooey Cheeseburgers with Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Homemade Paleo Ketchup (I'm omitting the curry and just making it plain)
Blueberry Lemon Cake (I'm replacing half of the blueberries with cherries)

I'm also super excited because for the first time in forever....I finally understand! For the first time in forever, we can face this hand in hand! Oops...this isn't karaoke, why am I singing ballads from Disney's Frozen? Love that movie! Okay okay, back to fourth of July menu discussions...for the first time I will be grilling. Me. Grilling. The most I've ever done is grill burgers and chicken using a grill pan and a George Forman. I'm stoked. I have charcoal, a cute little tabletop grill, and I'm so ready. 

What are you doing to celebrate the fourth of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment