Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Slide Slide Baby

While the bestie watches Revenge, I'm...blogging, yay! :-)

Dinner tonight...deelish! Made sliders. I was super excited because I had some chipotle peppers leftover from a soup I made Monday, and I wanted to get all creative and just do it. I looked up some tips online, hit the grocery store for other random grocery items...can I say I am addicted to grocery shopping...and came back to make love to my kitchen in the form of spicy sliders. :-p

 Anywho, the tips were great as far as shaping goes and the lean and fat content of the ground beef you can use for sliders. As for ingredients, I found it's pretty much to your liking, so I played around with an idea and just added what I thought would taste yummy.


Chipotle-Lime Beef Sliders
~1lb ground beef, 80/20 lean/fat ratio
2-3 canned chipotle peppers, chopped (I left the seeds in and these were slightly spicy, but I have a high tolerance for heat, so you may want to leave the seeds out)
2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced, whatever you prefer
~1/8 cup chopped cilantro (I eyeballed it, basically ripped a small bunch of leaves off and chopped those finely)
Juice of half a small lime (actually forgot to add this, but this was what I was gonna do!)
Generous sprinkling onion powder
Sprinkle or two of poultry herb seasoning (optional)
Sprinkle of salt
Sprinkle of pepper
6 slider buns ( I used Pepperidge Farm Wheat Sliders)

Preheat a grill pan on medium heat. I have an electric range and set it on 5. In medium sized bowl, mix together all ingredients (except for  buns of course :-) ). Mix with your hands, as this will give you more control over the meat mixture and will prevent over-mixing. Form the meat into six round balls.



When the pan is hot, spray lightly with cooking spray. Place each ball into the pan and press into a patty.


Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until well done (or to your preference).



Serve on toasted slider buns, and top with your fav toppings! We used lettuce, muenster cheese (left-over from sammiches!), diced avocado (left-over from fajitas!), and sliced red onion (also left-over from sammiches, lol). We also had fries on the side, a treat! These were yummy, juicy, slightly sweet, and spicy. Loved 'em! 


Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment