Saturday, April 12, 2014

Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake



About two weeks ago the bestie emailed me a lonnnnnng list of recipes I should make, all  from tumblr posts. I've finally got the ingredients, so this week I made a Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake for us. It was posted by muscle-and-h8, so it's not an original recipe or anything, but I took pictures and I had to share! Find the recipe here: Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake.


My other reason for making this, besides the fact that it looked DELICIOUS, was that I wanted to have something quick for us to grab for breakfast. Inspired by The Lean Green Bean, I wanted to use last Sunday as a food prep day for the week. All my slaving away got us through Wednesday, lol, and then I had to make us something else for breakfast. Oh well, practice makes perfect. :-) This cake turned out a little denser than I thought it would, so next time I will probably shave off about 5 minutes of cooking time. I'll also be sure to get me some 85% dark chocolate, or buy sugar free chocolate chips, because the only ones I had on hand were from a bag of Nestle winter dark chocolate/mint chips, which, as you guessed it, made the coffee cake taste minty...lol!

Also, I've noticed that the texture of baked goods with Bob's Red Mill blanched almond flour is always crumbly in texture. I tried pulsing the almond flour in my food processor to see if I could grind it more finely, but that didn't really work. I wonder if trying unblanched almonds will affect the texture? Do any of you all out there have any ideas? What's your favorite brand of almond flour? :-)

Mmmm!


Cooling

1st layer after sprinkling cinnamon, sweetener, and choco chips
2nd layer, almond flour batter

2nd layer with cinnamon, sweetener, choco chips! Ready for the oven!



No comments:

Post a Comment