Monday, June 2, 2014

Lettuce Wrap, Oh Lettuce Wrap


Saturday was a lettuce wrap kind of day. It didn't happen intentionally, it was actually the result of an empty refrigerator. There was a roll of ground chorizo, eggs, and leftover ground beef from the previous week's enchiladas. Breakfast was chorizo and eggs on lettuce, and then lunch was Quick Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps by Kalyn at Kalyn's Kitchen. I subbed lemon zest and juice instead of lime, and since I didn't have fresh scallions or cilantro, I used dried shallots (cooked with the beef) and dried parsley (mixed in with the lemon juice). They still tasted great. I will definitely try the recipe without substitutions next time. I know that the lime, scallion, and cilantro give the lettuce wraps a lot of freshness. We actually drizzled a lot of extra sriracha on the wraps, and that brought the flavors out a lot more. A great recipe, and now I'm hooked on trying all different kinds of lettuce wraps! 





No comments:

Post a Comment